Sunday 11 January 2015

Introduction

Welcome!

This blog will trace my training and Cycle to MiPiM.

Some history...  I was infected with the cycling bug by Steve, my brother in law. The infection has been quite severe, but has come at a time when my knees won't let me run anymore and frankly sailing in Suffolk in winter is grim. As it happens, so is cycling but it's a matter of degrees.

My training started last year in France with the Velo Cub Bar du Commerce in Bargemon, a cycling club that Steve and I quite literally stumbled into on holiday. These fit men of Bargemon were my introduction to the joys of cycling France's beautiful roads and big mountains.

The photo below shows us on the Route Napoleon heading South. The knowing among you will notice that I am cycling behind a very tall man - drafting reduces the effort and the bigger the rider the bigger the effect! I have pulled away to take a photo (don't try this at home), but normal position is 4 inches from his rear wheel.



Here Steve and Paddy lead a group up a climb in the Sussex Downs 100m event with me in the orange top.... and a group who followed us for some time (rude).


No comments:

Post a Comment